Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Digital Art - Chapter 3

These interactive art pieces incorporating "Artificial Intelligence" are all-too familiar to me, as I have seen similar innovations in many video games - how is this new? I must admit that the works I've encountered as commercialized games are more aesthetic, creative, and entertaining than the examples labeled in the chapter. I wonder if to be considered art, a work must be produced by one person alone who identifies themselves as an artist, one who is not contributed to a company or business in any way. My interaction with the art world has always eluded to this notion that movies, music, games, comics, and anything not displayable in a museum is not art, though I have not found a reason why or even encountered someone asking the same question - why aren't these things considered works of art? Comics are the only thing that do in fact fall into the category of art as I have seen original inkings of old comics displayed in museums and regarded as Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment